Rivas Medical Weight Loss
Dr. Paul Rivas is a sought-after expert in the field of weight loss. Board Certified Physician, with over 30+ years of experience, Dr. Rivas has an exceptional determination to fight the serious and growing health risks caused by obesity. His distinctive approach to weight management sets him apart from the crowd. He rejects the one-size-fits-all approach and focuses on an individualized approach to patient care. Dr. Rivas began practicing medicine in simple, rural office where he employed just one secretary and often biked to work. To meet extraordinary patient demand, Dr. Rivas slowly began opening more locations to provide convenient access to patients across the State of Maryland. He has received 13 awards for excellent health care, including “Most Compassionate Doctor” and “Maryland’s Top Doctors.” He is an author of 5 well-received books about medical weight loss and has been featured in over 50 media outlets, including radio, magazines, newspapers, and television shows including Vogue, The Wall Street Journal, and Good Morning America.
Dr. Rivas’ entire team of qualified medical providers is dedicated to providing you with excellent, personalized care. We strive to help you reach and sustain your goals through tailored treatment plans, education, and practical advice. We understand the unique anxieties and frustrations that go along with weight loss and are committed to providing a positive and encouraging atmosphere. In addition to being experienced in treating patients, many of our providers have personal experience with successful weight loss and maintenance
Our Treatment Philosophy
We believe weight management is similar to a chronic condition like high blood pressure, and should be treated as such, with medication supported by lifestyle changes. We treat our patients from a medical point of view, rather than from a judgmental willpower or character flaw perspective. We now boast a very high success rate with this approach.
What really drove us to this profession was our passion for helping people. Our patients reverse pre-diabetes and diabetes, fatty liver, sleep apnea, joint pain, high blood pressure, acid reflux, high cholesterol, have more energy for their children, reduce their anxiety and depression, increase mobility, help reduce their BMI so they can qualify for a needed surgery, increase their healthspan and lifespan, regain confidence, get married, lose baby weight, quit smoking without gaining weight, pass their DOT physical, Military PT test, Fire and Police physical and so much more. We are there for you when you are taking care of your elderly parents, taking care of someone ill, mourning loved ones (including pets) and moving or renovating a home. We try not to be hard on you because we know we are always too hard on ourselves. We celebrate the wins together and we minimize the setbacks, because we all have them. We treat people, not weight.
What we do Differently
- We are different from other commercial weight loss clinics for several reasons. Most importantly, we are a physician-guided weight loss program. We provide one-on-one physician support to our patients. Our physicians can safely prescribe FDA approved medications to treat obesity when diet and exercise alone have failed.
- Our physicians are highly qualified and specialized; each has considerable experience in weight management.
- We are affordable. We don’t believe in over-charging patients and there are absolutely no hidden fees or contracts of any kind.
- We are proud to offer the convenience of receiving medications in the office if you choose. This eliminates the need to travel to a pharmacy.
- Over 30+ years of experience and 100,000 patients.