What’s Your Type?
During your consultation, our physicians will ask you a series of questions to determine your weight loss type. This helps decide what type of medication or medication combinations will work best for your body. You can take the quiz below to find out your type before your first appointment. Please note, many patients have “mixed types” so you may relate to more than one type.
Below you will find a questionnaire for each Type. Type 1, Type 2, Type 3 and Type 4, once you have answered all the questions and you know your type, check out our BMI Calculator to check your BMI.
1.Do you have a big appetite?
2. Do you almost always feel hungry?
3. Can you eat almost anything in sight?
4. Do you have a hard time getting full?
5. Does it feel like you just keep eating and eating?
6. Is the feeling of fullness delayed, so that you’ve already eaten too much by the time the feeling of fullness occurs?
7. Do you occasionally never feel full at all?
8. Do you have a low energy level?
9. Do you feel tired frequently and have a low tolerance for physical exertion?
10. Do you suspect that you have a slow metabolism?
11. Do you have trouble with motivation?
12. Do you have problems focusing or concentrating?
13. Do you often feel scattered or jump from task to task?
14. Have you ever been diagnosed with attention deficit disorder (ADD)?
15. Does your weight fluctuate for no apparent reason?
If you answered “yes” to most or all of these questions, you are likely a nor-epinephrine – deficit brain chemistry type. You will be classified as an N- profile.
- Do you often crave sweets, carbs, or sugars?
- If you are female, are cravings a significant problem at ovulation or menses?
- Are you a compulsive eater?
- Do you eat in response to various stresses, i. e. loneliness, boredom, anger, happiness, etc.?
- Do you ask yourself if why you just ate so much?
- Do you binge eat?
- Do you find yourself eating very large quantities of food at one sitting?
- Do you ever eat so much at one time that you feel sick?
- Is food on your mind through most of the day and does it sometimes even awaken you at night?
- Do you wake up hungry in middle of the night?
- Is food and eating a priority in your life?
- Do you often feel depressed, moody, and irritable?
- Do you suffer with PMS?
- Do you have seasonal affective disorder or fibromyalgia?
- Do you suffer with migraines?
- Do you have a family history of alcoholism, depression, or PMS symptoms?
If you answered “yes” to most or all of these questions, you are likely a serotonin – deficient chemistry type. You are an S- profile.
- Do you continue to have cravings for salty or sweet foods even after various weight loss medications have been tried?
- Do you often feel that you don’t enjoy your life?
- Are you a generally a “down” person?
- Do you have an addictive personality?
- Do you wish you could find a way to feel happier and forget about your problems?
- Are you easily distracted?
- Do you experience sexual dysfunction?
If you answered “yes” to most of these questions, you are a dopamin – deficient brain chemistry type. You are a D- profile.
- Are you unable to lose weight despite excellent appetite and craving control?
- Are low – calorie diets ineffective?
- Can you exercise and diet without losing weight?
- Have weight loss medications failed to help you in the past?
- Do you tend to crave carbohydrates such as breads, pasta, cake, cookies, etc?
If you answered “yes” to most of these questions, you are a carbohydrate sensitive. You are a D- profile.
Check Out Our BMI Calculator?
How can you tell if you’re overweight? Below is a graph released by the National Institutes of Health based on height. If you are below the numbers listed for your height, you are considered to be within normal weight or may be underweight. Find out your BMI below.